LuggageSource Blog

Do I Need a Passport on a Cruise?

Going on a cruise and wondering what kinds of identification documents you need? It depends on what type of a cruise you go on as to what you will need.

If you are a U.S. citizen on closed-loop cruises - which are cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S. and after visiting at least one foreign port of call -  will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship.

What types of proof might you need? A government-issued birth certificate (not a hopital birth certificate)and a government issued picture ID like a driver's license - which has your photo, name and date of birth.

If, on the other hand, you board a cruise ship in California, sail through the Panama Canal (stopping at a foreign port during the cruise), and end the cruise in Florida then you have not taken a closed loop cruise so you will need a passport.
Posted: July 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM | with 0 comments | Tagged as: International Travel
Bookmark this page to:Add to Twitter Add to Facebook Add to LinkedIn Add to Google Bookmarks
Blog post currently doesn't have any comments.
Powered by AgileSite Lite